Kirwan McKeown James Solicitors

practice law

Licensing Law


Through a lengthy relationship with clients in the hospitality industry we are widely experienced in the requirements of Irish Intoxicating Liquor Legislation including related matters such as Dance Licences, Restaurant Certificates etc.  We can often represent clients in the Licensing Courts without the need to instruct Barristers but as and when this is necessary we do not hesitate to do so.  Typical applications include:

  • Transfer and Application for New Pub or Restaurant Licences
  • Off Licences
  • Special Restaurant Licences
  • Public Dance Licences
  • Music and Singing Licences
  • Theatre Licences
  • Restaurant Certificates
  • Special Exemption Orders
  • Licence Renewals and Objections to same